Quantity: 1 available
A most interesting ephemera item published upon the dedication of the hospital on June 17, 1931 at Cleveland's Severance Hall. The Lakeside Hospital was built to replace the old one on the shore of Lake Erie and became the central unit of University Hospitals Medical Center where it was joined by Hanna House, the nurses' dormitories, the power plant and the new Rainbow Hospital. The booklet is oversized at 9"x11-1/2" and shows a strong black and white architectural detail on cover. Most of the contents consist of full page black and white photographs which show an aerial view marking the various surrounding structures, the facade from several angles, the transfer of the first patient from the old hospital to the new, the entrance lobby, a corner view of the Public ward, the Public Ward solarium, a private room, the solarium of the private ward, the teaching amphitheater, an entrance hall to the dispensary, the living room in the nurses' dorms, the living room of the Doctor's Home, the library, and more. Lists Board of Directors and offers a 60 year overview of the hospitals's history. Hard to find. Tiny stain to top front cover and mild toning to cover only faults.
Title: The Lakeside Hospital Dedication (Cleveland) 1931
Publisher: Cleveland, Ohio, The Lakeside Hospitsl: 1931
Binding: soft cover
Item: 1.00 Item
Seller ID: 0881